Make a difference, save a life! Paid on-the-job training. Great career ladder opportunities. $1000 sign on bonus.
At Community Blood Center of Greater Kansas City, we have a passionate enthusiasm for service excellence. We believe diversity drives innovation, and we strive to cultivate a workforce as dynamic and diverse as the communities we serve. CBC seeks creative visionaries who thrive in a culture that fosters growth and advancement. We invite you to build and evolve with a global institution committed to excellence in blood banking, transfusion medicine and cellular therapies, and innovative research. Explore our career opportunities, and learn more about how your skills and expertise can save lives and strengthen communities locally, nationally, and around the world.
Under the supervision of the Collection Supervisor, perform donor suitability, histories and blood collection procedures. Ensures the safety of the donor and safety, purity and potency of the blood collected. Assists in the set-up and break down of the mobile site equipment before and after the mobile (if applicable). Performs various regulated functions related to the care of the blood after collections, including storage and transportation. Promotes positive image of CBC to the Community.
• High school diploma or equivalent - Must provide a copy of the transcript.
• Medical Assistant degree preferred.
• Phlebotomy certification preferred.
Prefer an individual with at least 6 months experience in:
• A health-related field, and
• Mobile Staff: Must have and maintain a valid operator’s license (MO class E; KS class C)
• Fixed Site Staff: Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
• Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
• Proficient in all duties related to Donor Room Assistant.
Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Good writing skills to successfully document as needed.
• Good verbal skills to successfully communicate with donors, chairpersons, community, and co-workers.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Computer skills.